Skip to main content

your blog/website inside facebook :)

2 day while i was looking at the facebook canvas app documentation. i was thinking why not put my blog right inside a canvas so that then my blog would be directly accessible inside facebook. i tried doing it but becoz facebook posts a signed string containing i dont know what to the blogger platform i could not do it. so i searched for a free asp.net hosting provider and thankx 2 aspspider.com i could make an online app for free that can remove that post string and then redirect to my blog.
so instead of hardcoding the values to it i decided to make it as an api so that then everybdy can use it.

so here it is ladies and gentle men if you also want your blog or any other right inside facebook.
like this one http://apps.facebook.com/zippedtech

simply make a new canvas application and
put the url as
http://aspspider.org/parv0888/?pagelink=<link to your website>


example - 


http://aspspider.org/parv0888/?pagelink=http://zippedtech.blogspot.com


to make a new canvas app visit
 http://developers.facebook.com/docs/guides/canvas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Customized Online Learning Dangerous as it is Necessary

The recent uprise in Online Learning Platform like Pluralsight, Coursera has raised some important questions over traditional learning system and also on traditional examination systems.
The fact that online learning courses are derived from what users need and not what should be actually taught has also raised serious concerns about what is finally going inside the heads of professionals.

Traditional system while teaching any subject also includes major things that might never be used in real life but still is important to actual context of that particular subject. The syllabus goes through the hands of experts before finally reaching the learners. Online education / Videos have completely disrupted this system and now only what is needed is taught leaving out all the motivational factors and context of the subject that brings glamour and other related attributes to the identity of the subject.

So yes while system has to evolve to teach students more than C++ in today's world bu…

Dynaminism in .Net 4.0

few dayz ago came across THIS question.
the solution to this can easily be figured out by the new dynamic features introduced in .Net 4.0.
i have made a project to demonstrate this.
the main code in the project goes like this

publicstaticdynamic[] GetDynamicObject(DataTable dt, Dictionary<string, string> mapping)
        {
List<dynamic> returnList = newList<dynamic>();
foreach (DataRow row in dt.Rows)
            {
dynamic obj = newExpandoObject();
var objectDic = (IDictionary<string, object>)obj;
foreach (DataColumn column in dt.Columns)
                {
                    objectDic.Add(mapping!=null?mapping.ContainsKey(column.ColumnName) ? mapping[column.ColumnName] : column.ColumnName:column.ColumnName,row[column]);
                }
                returnList.Add(obj);
            }
return returnList.ToArray();
        }The static method here named "GetDynamicObject" simply takes a data table(which can be populated by the data in the database) and a dictionary of…

Data manipulation in azure development storage by using web services – workaround

While developing the Azure project this was the biggest problem I came across and being just a newcomer in this area I could not solve it. So I figured a way around that worked perfectly well and then I used it to finally make a working project. Nearly all the solutions I came across in the different portals were about the same problem without the development storage anywhere in question but for the people who first need to make a working solution in the development storage using anything like the VS2010 there was no help nowhere. The problem was that while accessing data which was stored in a blob in cloud storage through a web service by a Silverlight client. It gives an impression to the storage of the cloud that this is being done by cross site scripting (this is what I got from all the different sources I read) and because this was not allowed the cloud project (webrole in my case) was blocking the request and was returning nothing in return. So this solution that I figured out is …